Some of my favorite projects from my almost ten years at Discovery are the iconic series we’ve partnered with the BBC to produce — from Planet Earth (I rallied employes to create a giant mosaic and recorded it as time-lapse video) to Life (where we welcomed guests to our Twitter account for expert commentary each Sunday). This Sunday, you’ll be blown away again with the premiere of Frozen Planet. If you haven’t caught penguin fever yet (thanks to Penguin Cam, our penguins on a plane or those criminal penguins), resistance is futile.
And, while I may be considered a biased voice, the critics can’t stop raving. Here are just a few of their thoughts:
- “Perhaps the single greatest accomplishment in nature TV history. **** (4 stars)” – Linda Stasi, New York Post, March 16, 2012
- “It’s mesmerizing.” **** (4 stars) – People, March 26, 2012
- “10 out of 10” – “Frozen Planet chills and thrills with images that leave the armchair traveler speechless… dazzling … astonishing…” – Matt Roush, TV Guide, March 12, 2012
- “…one of those instantly riveting series where you marvel at the beauty and majesty of it all but also spare more than a passing thought for the effort involved.” – Tim Goodman, The Hollywood Reporter, March 8, 2012
- “Stunning, beautiful, hypnotic, engrossing, spectacular… That oughta do it … except “Frozen Planet” unexpectedly adds another word: Unprecedented.” – Verne Gay, Newsday, March 14, 2012
- “So vivid it will leave you shivering. (Must List #5) – Entertainment Weekly, March 23, 2012
If that’s not enough, you may find this VIP screening our friends at SeaWorld pulled together for our Penguin Cam penguins the most compelling evidence:
Don’t miss Frozen Planet this Sunday at 7:57pm ET/PT (yes, we’re starting a bit early) on Discovery Channel (with simulcasts on several of our sister nets), and don’t forget to:
- Check in on GetGlue to earn your stickers and help support our nonprofit partners at The Nature Conservancy, NRDC and Sierra Club ($1 goes to them for each sticker unlocked).
- Join fellow fans on the Frozen Planet Facebook page.
- Follow @Discovery for live #FrozenPlanet Tweets!