Hi, everyone! There’s a larger-than-normal amount of news coming from us this week, as our TV networks announced their upcoming 2015-2016 programming slates:
- Discovery announced new scripted series Harley-Davidson as well as unscripted series/specials Naked & Afraid XL, Treasure Quest, Pacific Warriors, Lunar XPrize, Killing Fields and Cuban Chrome. To learn more, please read the official press release.
- TLC announced new family-focused series Long Lost Family, Hardly Royal, I Got You Babies (wt) and Quinceañera (wt); aisle & style-focused Brides Gone Styled, Dare to Wear, Extreme Dream Weddings (wt), #SaveMyStyle (wt), and Swipe Right (wt); and life’s milestone-focused 3 Bad Dates, 1 Soul Mate (wt), Marriage Pact (wt), and Married by Mom and Dad (wt). To learn more, please read the official press release.
- Animal Planet announced new programs Sheriff of Cross River, America Builds a Shelter, Restoration Wild, Natural History Game, Last North, Fish or Die (wt), Bigfoot Found (wt), Curse of the Frozen Gold, Animal Black Ops (wt), Lone Star Law, Lands of the Monsoon (wt), Wild Costa Rica, Wild India (wt), Predator and Bait (wt), Patagonia: Edge of Earth (wt) and Alaska Proof (wt). To learn more, please read the official press release.
- Investigation Discovery announced new original series Death by Gossip With Wendy Williams, American Scandal with Barbara Walters, Serial Thriller, Do Not Disturb: Hotel Horrors, Forbidden: Dying for Love, Killer Confessions, Evil Lies Here. To learn more, please read the official press release.
- Science Channel announced new programs Secret Space Disasters, Geek Out of Freak Out, Short-Attention-Span Science, Race to Escape, Machine Men (wt) and True Spy (wt). To learn more, please read the official press release.
- Other US networks who announced their 2015-2016 slate include: Destination America, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Family Channel, Velocity and Discovery Life Channel.
New series and specials – as exciting as they are! – weren’t the only news grabbing headlines this week. Here’s what else you might have missed:
- Celebrity Car Guru Will Castro Lands Reality Show (NY Post)
- Find Out When You Can Watch Jill (Duggar) Dillard Welcome Her First Child on ‘19 Kids and Counting’ (People)
- Clinton Kelly Returns to TLC for Makeovers – with a Shot at Love (People)
- TLC Aims for ‘Shark Week’-Like Franchise with ‘Mother of All Weeks’ Stunt (Exclusive) (Variety)
- Discovery Communications Buys Eurosport France (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Discovery Says It Will Drive Velocity Overseas and Boost EuroSport Online (Deadline)
- TV’s Gold Rush: Discovery Inks Partnerships with Number Crunchers Clypd, Lake 5 (Ad Age)
- Discovery Leverages Global Reach in Multi-Network Upfront (Adweek)
- Discovery Executives Talk Upfront Strategy, Outlook (The Hollywood Reporter)
To kick off your weekend, enjoy a preview of what’s to come on this season’s River Monsters. The series returns to Animal Planet Sunday, April 5 at 9pm ET/CT.