Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific was established in 1994. Today, eight network brands reach 579 million cumulative subscribers across 36 countries and territories. Managed by Tom Keaveny, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Singapore. Regional offices are located in Bangalore, Beijing, Chennai, Delhi, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo.
Discovery offers three programming blocks in China including Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and TLC, reaching nearly 280 million cumulative subscribers.
- Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s (DNAP) portfolio of eight international channels has the widest distribution in Asia Pacific and reached 175 million viewers every month in Q3, 2012. More than 940,000 viewers in Asia-Pacific watch DNAP’s portfolio of channels/programmes per minute in Prime Time in 2012 (Q1-Q3).
- DNAP owns knowledge and curiosity across multiple platforms – on TV, HD, online, print—with the most respected brands and highest quality content available anywhere in the region.
- Discovery Channel is the #1 international channel in Asia Pacific, with programmes reaching more than 132 million viewers per month in Q1-Q3, 2012.
- TLC is the leading international travel and lifestyle channel reaching 42 million viewers every month in Asia Pacific in Q1-Q3, 2012.
- Discovery Kids launched in the Asia-Pacific region in April 2012 in the Philippines, Indonesia and India and continues its expansion in the region with Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand, targeting kids ages six to 12 years old and their parents. The channel is available to more than 18 million subscribers across Asia-Pacific in Bahasa Indonesia, English, Hindi and Tamil languages.
- Discovery Channel Japan remains the number one Most Recommended Television Channel for the seventh consecutive year, as voted by multi-channel subscribers in the annual “Channel Brand Survey 2012” by Jupiter Telecommunications (J:Com).
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Home & Health
- Discovery HD World