Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific was established in 1994. Today, eight network brands reach 612 million cumulative subscribers across 37 countries and territories. Managed by Arjan Hoekstra, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Singapore. Regional offices are located in Bangalore, Beijing, Chennai, Delhi, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Taipei, and Tokyo.
- Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s portfolio of channels delivered the highest-ever quarter, reaching close to 219 million viewers per month in 1Q 2014, up 14% from 1Q 2013.
- In 1Q 2014, an average of 1.2 million viewers in Asia-Pacific watched DNAP’s portfolio of channels/programs in any given minute during primetime, a growth of 12% from the same period one year ago.
- Discovery Channel maintains its position as the #1 international channel in Asia-Pacific, with programs reaching more than 135 million viewers monthly in 1Q 2014.
- TLC maintained its leadership position as the #1 international travel and lifestyle channel in Asia-Pacific in 1Q 2014, reaching more than 42 million viewers every month.
- Discovery Kids is now available to 28 million homes in seven countries, with content offered in seven different languages.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery HD World
- Discovery Home & Health