Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific was established in 1994. Today, eight network brands reach 624 million cumulative subscribers across 37 countries and territories. Managed by Arjan Hoekstra, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Singapore.
- Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s (DNAP) portfolio of channels reached more than 215 million viewers in Asia Pacific every month (YTD 2014), up 13% from the same period year-ago.
- On average, over 1.1 million Asia-Pacific viewers watch DNAP’s portfolio of channels every minute in Prime Time (year-to-date 2014).
- Discovery Channel maintains its position as the #1 international channel in Asia-Pacific, with programmes reaching more than 134 million viewers monthly (YTD 2014).
- TLC maintained its leadership position as the #1 international travel and lifestyle channel in Asia-Pacific in 2Q 2014, reaching 42 million viewers every month.
- Discovery Kids is now available to over 31 million homes in 10 countries, with content offered in seven different languages.
- In 2Q 2014, Discovery Science surpassed the record set in the previous quarter, reaching more than 28 million viewers per month in Asia Pacific, a 32% increase from the same period last year.
Distributed Media Brands (as of Q2 2014) include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery HD World
- Discovery Home & Health