Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific was established in 1994. Today, eight network brands reach 596 million cumulative subscribers across 36 countries and territories. Managed by Arjan Hoekstra, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Singapore. Regional offices are located in Bangalore, Beijing, Chennai, Delhi, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo.
Discovery offers three programming blocks in China including Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and TLC, reaching nearly 280 million cumulative subscribers.
- Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s (DNAP) portfolio of channels set a new high in monthly reach, reaching more than 210 million viewers in Asia Pacific every month in 4Q 2013—up 23% from same period last year.
- In 2013, an average of 1.3 million viewers in Asia-Pacific watch DNAP’s portfolio of channels/programmes in any given minute in primetime, up 41% from last year.
- Discovery Channel is the #1 international channel in Asia-Pacific, with programmes reaching more than 136 million viewers per month in 2013.
- TLC is the leading international travel and lifestyle channel in Asia-Pacific, reaching more than 43 million viewers every month in 2013.
- Discovery Kids is now available to 27 million homes in seven countries, with content offered in seven different languages.
- DNAP clinched two awards at the Asian Television Awards 2013 (ATA) for Best Lifestyle Programme with TLC’s PASSAGE TO MALAYSIA and Best Cinematography for Animal Planet’s RAISED WILD, together with four gold and five silver awards at PromaxBDA Asia 2013 including Best Integrated Marketing Campaign and Best Leisure and Lifestyle Promo.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Home & Health
- Discovery HD World