Discovery Networks CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa) was established in 1996. Today, 11 network brands reach 267 million cumulative subscribers across 105 countries and territories. Managed by Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director, the office is headquartered in Warsaw, Poland.
- Recent network launches across CEEMEA include:
- ID HD and Discovery Turbo Xtra HD launched as simulcasts in Poland on April 17.
- Discovery Channel HD launched as a simulcast in South Africa on June 30.
- Fatafeat, the #1 food network in the Middle East, launched a new on-air look and refreshed brand proposition of “Life Tastes Beautiful” on June 15 across its flagship channel, monthly magazine, website and social media pages.
- In June 2014, Discovery began to manage advertising sales for Eurosport in Romania, offering clients the opportunity to associate with one of the most popular sports fixtures in the world.
- The CEEMEA team swept up at the 2014 PromaxBDA Global Promotion, Marketing and Design Awards—a total of five trophies for their outstanding work in 2013 off-air and on-air campaigns.
- In Bulgaria, the Discovery portfolio increased its market share among A18-49 in Q2 2014 by +11% (vs. Q1 2014), and almost doubled it (+91%) when compared to the same period in 2013. TLC made the biggest contribution to this growth, having increased its share by +107% in Q2 2014 (vs Q2 2013).
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet/Animal Planet HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- ID: Investigation Discovery
- Discovery Science
- Discovery World
- Discovery Turbo Xtra HD
- Discovery HD Showcase
- Discovery Historia
- ID Xtra