Discovery Networks CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa) was established in 1996. Today, 12 network brands reach 261 million cumulative subscribers across 105 countries and territories. Managed by Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director, the office is headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. Regional offices are located in Bucharest, Budapest, Cairo, Dubai, Istanbul, Kiev, London, Moscow, Prague, and Sofia.
Recent network launches across CEEMEA include:
- ID Xtra launched in 16 markets including Russia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Montenegro and Bosnia on April 1, 2014. The channel is a new mystery and suspense channel aimed at the female audience and includes the new show TABLOID with Jerry Springer.
- On March 24, 2014, Discovery further extended reach of its globally successful women's lifestyle and entertainment channel, TLC HD, with its launch in North Africa and Middle East on the OSN platform.
- Discovery Channel HD launched on March 4 and Animal Planet HD on March 18, 2014 in Russia.
Victoria Davies was appointed Acting Country Manager for Discovery's operations in South East Europe in March. Davies is responsible for day-to-day management, business growth and overseeing offices in Bucharest and Sofia.
Amanda Turnbull is the new Managing Director for Fatafeat, the #1 food network in the Middle East, available in 55 million homes and reaching as many as 3 million viewers each day. She will oversee a talented team in both the Cairo and Dubai offices. Discovery moved into its new office in Dubai Studio City in March to accommodate growth since the acquisition of Fatafeat.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet/Animal Planet HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- Discovery Science
- ID: Investigation Discovery
- Discovery World
- Discovery Turbo Xtra HD
- Discovery HD Showcase
- Discovery Travel & Living
- Discovery Historia
- ID Xtra