Discovery Networks CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa) was established in 1996. Today, ten networks brands reach 251 million cumulative subscribers across 105 countries and territories. Managed by Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director, the office is headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. Regional offices are located in Bucharest, Budapest, Cairo, Dubai, Istanbul, Kiev, London, Moscow, Prague and Sofia.
- In Q3 2013, CEEMEA’s audience grew by 13% in Q3—significantly due to strong performances from ID (+65%) and TLC (+24%). Investigation Discovery has seen the most significant volume increase YOY in CEEMEA, up by a staggering 207%.
- Recent network launches and refreshes across CEEMEA include: Discovery World evolved into Discovery Turbo Xtra in Poland on September 17; TLC Entertainment launched in South and Sub-Saharan Africa on October 17; Throughout CEEMEA, TLC received a brand-new on-air look and feel, under the tagline “Life Worth Watching”.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet/Animal Planet HD
- Discovery World
- Discovery Science
- ID: Investigation Discovery
- Discovery Travel & Living
- Discovery HD Showcase
- Discovery Historia