Discovery Networks CEEMEA (Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa) was established in 1989. Today, ten networks brands reach 235 million cumulative subscribers across 104 countries and territories. Managed by Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director, the office is headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. Regional offices are located in Bucharest, Budapest, Cairo, Dubai, Istanbul, Kiev, London, Moscow, Prague and Sofia.
- Discovery Channel has been the #1 Pay TV factual channel in Central & Eastern Europe since its launch in Poland in 1989. Poland is the fourth largest market for Discovery outside the U.S.
- Our award-winning content and channels are well-loved and often feature in the Top 10 channel list in our leading markets.
- Within its first year, TLC has become the #1 Lifestyle channel with women aged 20-49 in South Africa.
- Discovery Networks Poland launched the first international refresh of ID in August, which has since become #1 channel in the ‘mystery and suspense’ category.
- In 2012, Discovery Networks opened its first office in Sofia, Bulgaria (January) and an office in Istanbul, Turkey (September).
- We are leading the way with new technologies: Five of our channels launched on Turkey’s IPTV service TTNet Tivibu in November 2012; Discovery’s 3D content launched on Digiturk in Turkey in May 2012; Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet content launched on mobile provider MTS in Russia in April 2012.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Animal Planet/Animal Planet HD
- Discovery World
- Discovery Science
- ID: Investigation Discovery
- Discovery Travel & Living
- Discovery HD Showcase
- Discovery Historia