Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic launched in 1994. Today, 12 media brands reach 310 million cumulative subscribers across 49 countries and territories, including two Hispanic brands distributed in the U.S. market--Discovery en Español (launched 1998) and Discovery Familia (launched 2007). Managed by Enrique Martinez, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Miami. Regional offices are located in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, New York City, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
In Latin America:
- Discovery Channel dominated 2013 factual space for the 12th consecutive year, ranking as the #1 factual network and within the top 5 Pay TV networks pan-regionally among its target P25-54 demographic. Discovery is ranked as the #1 factual network not only pan-regionally, but also in its top 4 markets: Brazil, Mexico, Colombia and Argentina
- In 2013, Discovery Kids grew +12% year-over-year and ranked as the leading preschool network across Latin America among kids 4-11 and the #1 pay TV network among women 25-49.
- Discovery Home&Health concluded 2013 as the #1 lifestyle network among W18-49 and ranked among the top 10 pay-TV networks pan-regionally during prime time. The network was also the #1 lifestyle network in key markets Brazil, Mexico and Colombia.
- Both TLC and ID saw impressive growth over 2013: TLC grew +67% year-over-year among its core target of A25-49 during prime time hours, while Investigation Discovery (ID) grew +22% year-over-year among A25-54 pan-regionally.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Home & Health/Discovery Home & Health HD
- Animal Planet
- ID: Investigation Discovery/Investigation Discovery HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery Civilization
- Discovery HD Theater
Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group:
- Discovery en Español
- Discovery Familia