Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic launched in 1994. Today, 12 media brands reach 280 million cumulative subscribers across 49 countries and territories, including two Hispanic brands distributed in the U.S. market--Discovery en Español (launched 1998) and Discovery Familia (launched 2007). Managed by Enrique Martinez, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Miami. Regional offices are located in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, New York City, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- In Latin America:
- Discovery Channel has ranked as the #1 factual network for 10 consecutive years, and ranks among the top 5 Pay-TV networks for 3Q 2012 among P25-54.
- Discovery Home & Health has been the leading female lifestyle network for the last seven years, among its core target of W18-49; and reached during the first nine month of 2012 the highest ratings in its history.
- In Brazil:
- Discovery Kids ranked as the #1 pay TV Network among all pay TV channels with P4+ from 2008 to present time, and among all pay TV channels with W25-34 since 2003 to present time.
- Discovery Home & Health ranked as the leading female lifestyle network, beating GNT among W18-49, since 2009 to present time.
- In Colombia:
- Discovery Channel has been the #1 factual network for the past 7 years and is among the 3 most watched Pay-TV channels in 3Q 2012.
- Discovery Kids is the #1 Pay- TV network among W25-34 from 2010 to present time.
- Discovery Home and Health is the leading female lifestyle channel from 2004 to present time.
- In Mexico, Discovery Home & Health is the leading female lifestyle network from 2004 to present time.
- In United States, this year Discovery en Español posted its best first, second and third quarter on record in its history. The network continues to demonstrate solid, continuous growth with a 15% year-over-year audience in 2012.
Distributed Media Brands include:
- Discovery Channel
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Home & Health/Discovery Home & Health HD
- Animal Planet
- ID: Investigation Discovery/Investigation Discovery HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery Civilization
- Discovery HD Theater
Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group:
- Discovery en Español
- Discovery Familia