Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic launched in 1994. Today, 12 media brands reach 327 million cumulative subscribers across 49 countries and territories, including two Hispanic brands distributed in the U.S. market--Discovery en Español (launched 1998) and Discovery Familia (launched 2007). Managed by Enrique Martinez, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Miami.
- Q2 2014 was the highest rated quarter ever for Discovery Networks Latin America, with growth of +18% (vs 2013).
- Across Latin America, Discovery Channel is up +6% among male viewers. Discovery is also growing in key markets Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia among P25-54 and M25-54:
- In Brazil, Discovery is up 63% (year-over-year) and continues to rank among the top 10 pay TV networks for three quarters in a row among A25-54.
- In Mexico, Discovery’s primetime ratings have increased +9% among M25-54 (YOY). The network ranked #3 among all pay-TV networks during Q2 2014.
- In Argentina, Discovery has increased its primetime ratings among M25-54 by +16% (YOY) to rank among the top 15 pay-TV networks.
- Discovery Home & Health continues to rank as the #1 female lifestyle channel across Latin America and among W18-49 in all rated markets in the region, achieving multi-country primetime ratings growth of +43%.
- Discovery Kids continues to rank as the #1 preschool network among K4-11, and the #1 pay-TV network among W25-49 for four consecutive quarters. The network also continues to be the #1 pay-TV network in Brazil among all pay-TV individuals for total day.
- Investigation Discovery continues its year-over-year growth across the region, with ratings up +30% among P25-54. Key markets Mexico, Brazil and Colombia have seen ratings drive up more than 30% (vs. 2013) in each market.
- Animal Planet experienced panregional ratings growth of +33% (YOY) among P25-54, doubling its ratings in Brazil and with double-digit growth in key markets Mexico and Colombia.
- Across the region, TLC experienced +10% growth in ratings vs Q1 2014.
- Led by Discovery Familia’s year-over-year ratings growth of +83%, the U.S. Hispanic portfolio enjoyed its highest Q2 ever.
Distributed Media Brands Include:
- Discovery Channel/Discovery Channel HD
- Discovery Kids/Discovery Kids HD
- Discovery Home & Health/Discovery Home & Health HD
- Animal Planet
- ID: Investigation Discovery/Investigation Discovery HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery HD Theater
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Civilization
Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group:
- Discovery en Español
- Discovery Familia