Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic launched in 1994. Today, 12 media brands reach 318 million cumulative subscribers across 49 countries and territories, including two Hispanic brands distributed in the U.S. market--Discovery en Español (launched 1998) and Discovery Familia (launched 2007). Managed by Enrique Martinez, President and Managing Director, the offices are headquartered in Miami. Regional offices are located in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Los Angeles, Mexico City, New York City, Rio de Janeiro, and Sao Paulo.
- Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic achieved its highest quarterly primetime ratings ever during 1Q 2014. The portfolio grew its 25-54 primetime rating by +12% from the previous year.
- Discovery Channel primetime experienced double-digit growth year over year in both Brazil and Argentina to lead among factual nets in both markets and pan-regionally for 1Q 2014.
- In Brazil, Discovery Channel ranked among the top-10 pay-TV networks during 4Q 2013 and 1Q 2014 primetime.
- In Mexico, Discovery Channel increased its primetime ratings among men 25-54 by +12% year over year to rank #3 among all pay-TV networks during 1Q 2014.
- During 1Q 2014, Discovery Kids experienced growth in Mexico and Brazil, and continues to be the leading preschool network pan-regionally among children 4-11, and the #1 pay-TV network among women 25-49.
- Discovery Home & Health multi-country primetime ratings grew by +41% year over year, ranking as the #1 female lifestyle channel pan-regionally and in all rated markets in Latin America.
- During 1Q 2014, ID primetime experienced +40% year over year growth pan-regionally, and more than +20% growth in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, and Brazil.
Distributed Media Brands Include:
- Discovery Channel
- Discovery Kids
- Discovery Home & Health/Discovery Home & Health HD
- Animal Planet
- ID: Investigation Discovery/Investigation Discovery HD
- TLC/TLC HD
- Discovery Turbo
- Discovery Science
- Discovery Civilization
- Discovery HD Theater
Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group:
- Discovery en Español
- Discovery Familia