J. David Wargo
Wargo & Company, Inc.
J. David Wargo has served as president of Wargo & Company, Inc., a private investment company specializing in the communications industry, since 1993. He is also a senior advisor to New Mountain Capital, LLC, a co-founding member of Act II Partners, LP, since 2002, and a co-founding partner of PRC Venture Partners, LLC, since 2006.
Prior Professional Experience:
- Managing Director, Senior Analyst, The Putnam Companies - 1989 to 1992
- Partner, Marble Arch Partners - 1986 to 1989
- Senior Vice President, Marble Arch Partners - 1985
- Assistant Director of Research, State Street Research & Management Company - 1984 to 1985
- Partner, State Street Research & Management Company - 1983 to 1985
- Security Analyst, State Street Research & Management Company - 1978 to 1982
- Mr. Wargo is a director of Discovery Communications, chairman of the Nominating Committee and a member of the Audit Committee. He served as a director of Discovery Holding Company prior to Discovery Communications becoming a public company.
- Mr. Wargo is a director and member of the Audit and Nominating and Governance Committees of Liberty Global, plc, and director and chairman of the Compensation Committee of Strayer Education, Inc. He also currently serves on the board of directors of Vobile, Inc. and Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc. He is also a former director of Liberty Media Corporation, United Video Satellite Group, Liberty Digital, TV Guide International, Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc., OnCommand Corp, OpenTV Corporation, Fun Technologies, Inc., and a former member of the Investment Committee of TCI Technology Ventures, Inc.
- Mr. Wargo is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the department of Physics, a Master of Science degree from the department of Nuclear Engineering and a Master of Science degree from the Sloan School of Management. He is also a member of Sigma Xi, the honorary Scientific Research Society.