The following is a guest post from Jane Harrell, Associate Producer at Petfinder.com.
On March 15, adoptable pets are taking over the Web — and I hope you’ll help. In honor of Petfinder.com’s 15th birthday, we’re holding the first-ever Adopt the Internet Day, and we’re asking everyone to get online and help spread the word about pet adoption.
We’ve gotten many friends on board — more than 70 websites and blogs have committed, with more joining in every day. (Check out some of the fun things websites are doing to help adoptable pets takeover.)
But we need your help, too. Here are some easy ways you can help spread the word about adoptable pets on March 15:
- Add a badge to your website to show your support.
- Take Petfinder’s pledge that you will tell one person about pet adoption on March 15. By pledging, you’ll enter for a chance to win one of 10 Pet Hair Eraser® Vacuums from BISSELL.
- Caption a Petfinder adoptable-pet photo on ICanHasCheezburger. The photos with the best captions will be featured on the ICanHasCheezburger.com homepage on March 15.
- “Like” this post now and, on March 15, donate your Facebook status and photo to an adoptable Petfinder pet. Simply replace your photo with one from the Adopt-the-Internet All-Stars gallery and post one of these messages:
- More than 320,000 pets are waiting for homes on Petfinder.com. Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet today and find forever homes for as many as possible!
- I adopted my pet from Petfinder and now I want to help get this pet adopted! If you want to help pets in need of forever homes, please repost this!
- On March 15, share an adoptable Petfinder pet on Twitter with the hashtag #adopttheinternet.
- Add a link from your blog, Facebook or Twitter post to the Adopt the Internet Day landing page! (Visit on March 15 to find out how.)
Want to learn more?
Visit Help Petfinder Adopt the Internet Day to view our Adopt-the-Internet All-Stars gallery (featuring pets that shelters and rescue groups named their most adoptable), find out who’s already participating and more!