For many, Shark Week is one week a year — a chance to get together with friends or family, relax and enjoy those gorgeous creatures of the deep. However, here at Discovery, we’ve been busy since last August planning for an even more jawesome (I now only use sharkified words) annual event.
I have the pleasure of working with a team of ridiculously talented and passionate folks from across the company to make sure each year is even better (we’re now in year 24)…and we’re all just as excited as you are for tomorrow night! It’s hard to highlight it all, but here are some links to allow you dive in (I can’t help it!):
- Check out the Shark Week 2011 lineup, hosted by our Chief Shark Officer Andy Samberg
- Get psyched by watching sneak peeks of what you’ll see beginning Sunday at 9pm ET/PT
- Experience Shark Week Live, our first co-viewing app available with live primetime viewing on iPad, iPhone and online
- Check into Shark Week and our new specials on GetGlue to earn exclusive stickers
- Download Ultimate Sharks on iPad for an immersive look at our finned friends — with video, interactives, articles, photography and more (and also the iPad App of the Week!)
- Learn more about our conservation partners, Oceana and Pew Charitable Trusts, and how you can help sharks
- Let us know how you celebrate Shark Week with our Photo Frenzy
- Add the Shark Cam to your bookmarks and enjoy sharks live, 24-7 from the Georgia Aquarium
- Follow @SharkWeek on Twitter and make sure to join the Shark Week family on Facebook
So enjoy having your TV set to Discovery Channel this week and let the sharks do the entertaining!