Months of planning are about to pay off — for our employees and a great group of organizations that we have the pleasure of working with. Creating Change, a 12-hour creative marathon and conference. Discovery employees will volunteer their talents and skills to nonprofits in need of marketing, communications, social media, creative and business services.
Social media is always an area of great interest for the organizations that apply for Creating Change, and this year we’ll be hosting breakout sessions and one-on-one time to provide inspiration and information about this and other disciplines. I’m also excited to share a new microsite we’ve launched for the day at discovery.com/ourimpact. The site will feature updates from all of those taking part in the marathon and conference from both Twitter and Instagram.
We’d like to extend a big welcome to those organizations who have been accepted (listed below) and to everyone who will be joining us in the morning for a day of enlightenment and learning!
- A Wider Circle
- CREATE Arts Center
- Crittenton Services of Greater Washington
- Fairfax Pets on Wheels, Inc.
- FealGood Foundation
- The Foundation for the Advancement of Music & Education, Inc. (FAME)
- Friends of the National Zoo
- Invictus Foundation
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation
- KID Museum, Inc.
- Literacy Council of Montgomery County
- Manna Food Center
- MCPAW (Montgomery County Partners for Animal Well-Being)
- National Kidney Foundation
- Petfinder Foundation
- Playworks Washington DC
- Project HORSE, Inc.
- The Senior Connection
- Sierra Nevada Journeys
- Warrior Canine Connection, Inc.
- Women in Technology Education Foundation