What do Honey Boo Boo, Oprah and Morgan Freeman have in common? They all stole the stage at Discovery Communications’ Upfront 2013-14.
On April 4, hundreds gathered at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City to get the first glimpse into the future of Discovery Communications programming. The show kicked off with daredevil Nik Wallenda’s tightrope walk over the audience – a small feat compared to his upcoming walk across the Grand Canyon, to be televised live on Discovery Channel on June 23– and concluded with a sweet performance by Colbie Caillat.
A few of the highlights from the presentation included:
- Kal Penn’s announcement of his new Discovery Channel series, The Big Brain Theory: Pure Genius, a show that seeks the next great innovators
- A “Baby Got Back” remake, performed by Destination America‘s BBQ Pitmasters
- A scandalous discussion with OWN’s The Golden Sisters
- Dynamic duo Oprah and Tyler Perry’s excitement about the future of OWN
- A spirited appearance by the lovable star of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Alana Thompson and Mama June
Join us backstage and on stage for a few pictures below and visit our Facebook album for more!