Discovery Education announced today the launch of Math Techbook™, the latest in a series of award-winning interactive digital textbooks from the leading provider in digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms around the country.
Math Techbook was developed by Discovery Education’s team of expert math educators and features dynamic, Common Core and state standards-aligned content, interactives, videos, digital tools, and game-like activities. There are also a series of useful tools students are sure to find handy – including a graphing calculator, geometry tool, whiteboard tool and matrix solver – as well as a Student Dashboard, which enables students to monitor their progress in real-time.
Discovery Education will unveil the Math Techbook at a special thought-leadership event, Math: What Does it Mean to Win? held at Discovery Communications HQ in Silver Spring, MD. The event will kick-off with a panel discussing the wide-ranging implications of math achievement in the country. Moderated by local NBC 4 News Anchor Aaron Gilchrist, panelists include:
- Dr. Mark Edwards, Superintendent, North Carolina’s Mooresville Graded School District
- Dr. Francis “Skip” Fennell, Professor of Education, McDaniel College
- Danica McKellar, Actress and Best-Selling Author
- Michele Weslander-Quaid, Chief Innovation Evangelist, Google
- Portia Wu, Assistant Secretary of Employment and Training Administration, United States Department of Labor