Happy Friday! Though I can’t really speak for everyone here at our Silver Spring headquarters, I feel pretty comfortable saying that most – if not all – of us have been less than thrilled with the brutally cold weather that’s come through. While it may not be nearly as cold down here as it is in other parts of the country (it’s all relative, of course), the balmy 5 degree temperature this morning in Washington D.C. was enough to break a 120-year-old record, besting the previous “lowest low” of 8 degrees measured in 1896. It doesn’t really get that cold down here often: in fact, the last time a winter record low was broken was January 1994.
But I digress. What’s going on in the world of Discovery? Here are some stories you may have missed this week:
- Ben and Jessa Seewald: Inside Their Newlywed Life (People)
- “Fat Girl Dancing” Whitney Thore Wants to Find a “Delicious, Feminist Man” (Cosompolitan)
- 13 Myths You Believed That Are Totally Busted (BuzzFeed)
- Scott Lewers Named SVP of TLC’s Multi-Platform Strategy (The Wrap)
- Discovery Communications Posts Strong International Growth (Wall Street Journal)
- Discovery Assumes Ad Sales Growth Will Be ‘Tepid,’ Reality Shows Will Be More ‘Real’ (AdAge)
- Discovery Joins L3 Ratings Bandwagon, Promotes Research Exec (Variety)
Have a great weekend, and stay warm!