Happy Friday, everyone!
There are some pretty stunning (and exciting!) programs coming down the pipeline that that all revolve around exploring the lesser known pockets of the world. It begins with Discovery’s Dolphins: Spy in the Pod airing tomorrow, March 7 at 8 pm ET/PT. The one-hour special will provide viewers with unprecedented access to bottlenose and spinner dolphin pods, thanks to the use of robotic fish who are outfitted with cameras. On Sunday, April 5, viewers can join three friends who just happen to be extreme adrenaline junkies as they trek roughly 100 miles in the wild over the course of four days in the premiere of Animal Planet’s 100 Miles from Nowhere. (I first wrote about the series in an earlier blog post from the TCAs this past January. Note the name of the series has changed from Matt on the Run.) And on Saturday, April 25, tune into Discovery’s first-ever Elevation Weekend.
Here are some other stories from this past week you may have missed:
- The 20 Biggest Moments in TV in the Last 20 Years (Yahoo! TV)
- Marc Graboff Joins Discovery to Head its Studio and Worldwide Business and Legal Affairs (Variety)
- The Co-Host of ‘Mythbusters’ Made an Exact Model of the Maze in ‘The Shining’ (Yahoo! Movies)
- Renewed and Returning: “Vice,” “Ice Cold Gold” (Realscreen)
- OWN Bulks Up on Four Tyler Perry Shows (The Hollywood Reporter)