Fans of TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress can get a behind-the-scenes look at the companion initiative, Say Yes to the Prom, in a video filmed by a local University of Maryland student who attended the event here at our Silver Spring headquarters. And speaking of working with inspiring young students, Discovery Education partnered with award-winning musician Jimmy Wayne and Communities in Schools of Charlotte-Mecklenburg a couple weeks ago, where Jimmy spoke to several hundred students on the importance of perseverance in the face of adversity. The Charlotte Observer was there to capture the event and produced a video that’s worth checking out, too.
Here’s some other news you may have missed:
- ‘My Cat From Hell’: How Do You Like Meow: Storm (Yahoo! Screen)
- Hunting ‘River Monsters’ and Big Adventure (ABC News)
- ‘Too small to move quickly’? Not her! (Boston Herald)
- Video Selfies by a Tough Trio of Travelers on Animal Planet (Associated Press)
- The Roads Never Traveled (New York Times)
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard and Husband Derick Welcome First Child (People)
- Discovery Education, Soil Science Nonprofit to Hold Virtual Field Trip (Education World)
- OWN Celebrates Its Most-Watched Quarter (Deadline)
- Discovery Nabs Record Ratings at Top of 2015 as Other Cable Giants Falter (The Hollywood Reporter)
By the way, have you tuned into TLC’s Bride by Design yet? It’s already one of my new favorite shows! Check out a preview of the series below and catch it Friday evenings on TLC at 9:30pm ET/CT.