Happy Friday! We’ve had a few exciting internal news announcements come through this past week, including: our very own Sharon O’Sullivan, EVP of Advertising Sales, being named to Ad Age’s Women to Watch 2015 list; Hollywood veterans Tom Fontana and Barry Levinson signing on as executive producers for Discovery’s upcoming Killing Fields; and Discovery announcing that Eli Roth will host Shark Week‘s Shark After Dark.
Here are some other stories you may have missed:
- Hands-Off Producing and the Rise of Self-Shot Unscripted (Realscreen)
- Meet the Transgender Teen from TLC’s ‘I Am Jazz’ (EntertainmentWeekly)
- Hollywood Dipping Toes into Virtual Reality Worlds (AssociatedPress)
- DNI to Produce ‘Ocean Masters’ Series (Realscreen)
- Eli Roth to Host Shark Week’s Latenight Talk Show on Discovery (Variety)
- Realscreen West ’15: Discovery’s Ross Champions Docs, Diversity (Realscreen)
- Discovery, Image Nation Team on Arabic Free-to-Air Channel in Middle East (TheHollywoodReporter)
- Self-Shot & Meta Reality TV Trends are Trumped by Authentic Content (Variety)
- Discovery Expands Reach Into Online Streaming, Channels Space With Dplay and Immersive Eurosport Player (Variety)
- Discovery’s David Zaslav On International Growth: “We’re Just Getting Started”(Deadline)
To lead you into a weekend (and for a quick snapshot of some stunning cinematography), check out the clip below of Animal Planet’s new series The Last Alaskans. Enjoy!