Last week, we wrote about an employee of ours, Sarah, who shared with Self an inside look at what it’s like to work at Discovery. This week, we’re excited to share more good news about another one of our employees: Animal Planet’s own Jared Albert has been recognized in AdWeek’s “30 Under 30.” As the man behind some of the network’s biggest hits – Puppy Bowl, River Monsters and recent breakout The Last Alaskans – it’s a well-deserved honor. Congrats!
There was also some exciting international news that broke this week: Discovery Communications has agreed to take full control of Eurosport (you can read the full release here). This news, coupled with the recent announcement that Discovery (via Eurosport) will carry the Olympic Games in Europe from 2018-2024, has a lot of us employees plotting how we can wiggle our way into an Olympic slalom, ice luge, diving or beach volleyball match down the road. Hey, we’re not picky!
Here is some other news you may have missed:
- Kudrow Cherishes ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’ (USA Today)
- TV Review: Science’s ‘Raiders, Raptors and Rebels: Behind the Magic of ILM’ (Variety)
- Jazz Jennings on ‘Role Model’ Caitlyn Jenner at the ESPYs: ‘She’s Really Making a Difference’ (People)
- How Transgender Teen Star Jazz Jennings Really Feels About Fame (Huffington Post)
- EXCLUSIVE: Jeremiah Brent Is the New Host of OWN’s ‘Home Made Simple’ (People)
- Alaskan Bush People, Treasure Quest: Snake Island Formidable Pair on Discovery! (TV Ruckus)
- Jeep Rolls With Discovery Channel (MediaPost)
- Discovery to Acquire Full Control of Eurosport for $534 Million (The Hollywood Reporter)
Premiering this weekend are a few new and returning shows across our networks, including: Race to Escape (Science, 7/25 @ 10/9c); Who Do You Think You Are (TLC, 7/26 @ 9/8c); Answered Prayers (TLC, 7/26 @ 10/9c); and Ice Lake Rebels (Animal Planet, 7/26 @10/9c). Check out sneak peeks of all of them below, and have a great weekend!