Happy Friday! It’s been a busy week here at Discovery, as we announced our second quarter earnings, which included the announcement of an exciting mobile content partnership with Verizon. We also ended the week with some big news, as we announced that Marjorie Kaplan would be heading up Discovery’s international content strategy.
Here’s some other news from our world that you may have missed this week:
- Investigation Discovery Network Can Get You Hooked on Crime Again (AP)
- ‘Shark Week’ Pushes Discovery Channel to Its Best Month Ever (Market Watch)
- Last Night The Empire State Building Became the Fast of Extinction (The Verge)
- ‘My Giant Life’ Sneak Peek: See What It’s Like to Shop for a Wedding Dress When You’re 6’7 (People)
- Animal Planet Prowls Into Lion-Focused Marathon (RealScreen)