Another Friday, folks! Have you visited Discovery on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram yet? If not, you should! The network was named the most socially-engaged TV broadcaster by BrandWatch – an exciting recognition for the team that (as I have personally witnessed) works extremely hard to pique fans’ curiosity with dynamic and thrilling content day in and day out.
Here’s some other news you may have missed this week:
- TV Review: ‘Killer Instinct With Chris Hansen’ (Variety)
- Why Are Women Obsessed With Investigation Discovery’s Grisly TV Shows? (Jezebel)
- This Slow Motion Video of a Pistol Shooting Bullets Might Blow Your Mind (Time)
- She Fixes Cars While Cameras Hover (Philly.com)
- A Wedding on a Tight Rope (and Budget): Nik Wallenda’s Wife Shares Their Romantic Proposal Story (People)
- Destination America finds the “Lost Hero” (Realscreen)
- Animal Planet’s Pit Bulls and Parolees Announces Return Date, Releases Season 7 Trailer (TV Insider)
- Is Hands-Free Cell Phone Use Really Safer for Driving? We Asked MythBusters. (Washington Post)
- Discovery Family Greenlights New Series ‘Babies Behaving Badly’ & ‘Beasts Behaving Badly’ for Fall 2016 Premieres (TV By The Numbers)
- OWN Ups Jill Dickerson to SVP of Programming and Development (Variety)
- Discovery Picks Mean Broadcast for British Eurosport Ad Sales (MediaWeek)
Plans this weekend? If you find yourself browsing the web in the next couple days, head over to The O Store, a new online shop featuring exclusive merchandise and products from OWN shows.
Until next week!