Happy Friday, everyone! A couple weeks ago, Discovery Channel announced plans to air the documentary Sherpa to international audiences in 2016. Sherpa tells the tragic story of the disastrous 2014 avalanche on Mount Everest: coincidentally, a team of filmmakers who was on the mountain at the time to film the climbing season from the local sherpas’ perspective ended up capturing the deadly disaster. The documentary is making its rounds at film festivals and has been earning rave reviews. For a taste of what critics are saying, read what The New York Times had to say – and watch the trailer here.
Here is some other news you may have missed:
- TV Ratings: ‘Naked and Afraid XL’ Trumps Caitlyn Jenner as Cable’s Biggest Reality (The Hollywood Reporter)
- ‘North Woods Law’ Offers a Gentler View of Law Enforcement (and More Bears) (New York Times)
- Get Pumped For The ‘My Little Pony’ Return With This New Trailer (Mashable)
- VIDEO: Watch Whitney Thore Have Real Talk with New Yorkers about Her Weight (People)
- How Discovery’s New Form Digital Studio Uses Data to Inform Digital Series (Digiday)
- ‘Bering Sea Gold’: Female Diving Crew Arrives at Bering Sea (Yahoo!)
- Custom Cameras Capture Harsh Crabbing Conditions on ‘Deadliest Catch’ (Variety)
- ‘Suddenly Royal’ Review: TLC’s Reality Show About Auto Mechanic Who Believes He’s a King is Sweetly Human (NY Daily News)
- ‘MythBusters’ Tackles ‘Star Wars’ Lightsaber Science (Los Angeles Times)
Have a great weekend!