Happy Friday! Here in DC we’re doing our best to stay dry throughout the downpours we’ve been getting for the past day (and will continue on through the weekend). Many outdoor activities — festivals, sporting events, etc. — have already been cancelled because of the rain. Kind of a downer, yes, but the way I see it, a rainy day is the perfect excuse to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa and catch up on a few shows I’ve missed this week.
This week we announced some changes in our senior management, naming Paul Guyardo our new Chief Commercial Officer, Marc Etkind as the general manager of Science Channel; Jane Latman as general manager of Destination America; and Jennifer Sarlin as SVP of Marketing for TLC.
Here is some other news you may have missed:
- Discovery Networks International to Air Trophy Hunting Doc ‘Blood Lions (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Verizon’s Go90 Orders 6 Series from New Form Digital (Exclusive) (Variety)
- Winfrey Talks Up ‘Belief’ at Discovery Investor Day (Broadcasting & Cable)
- Discovery CEO Promises Wall Street He’ll Deliver 3 Years Of Profit Growth (Deadline)
- Jazz Jennings Is Finding Her Voice (BuzzFeed)
- The Duggars Return to TLC: New Specials Center on Daughters Jill and Jessa (Today.com)
- ‘My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Friendship Games’ Reviewed By 4-Year-Old (Yahoo!)
- How To Get More Right Swipes On Tinder, According To Experts (The Huffington Post)
- Mipcom: Discovery Acquires ‘Top Chef’ Format For Italy From NBCUniversal (Variety)
Have a great weekend, and if you’re on the East Coast and expecting rain like we are, stay dry!