Happy Friday! Discovery Communications announced yesterday that Karen Leever has joined the company as Executive Vice President and General Manager, Digital Media, overseeing the company’s expansive digital brands and businesses in the United States – from fan-favorite Discovery Digital Networks (DDN) programming to the newly launched Discovery VR.
It was also announced earlier this week that Darcy Tomlin has been named Vice President of Programming and Operations for Discovery Networks International, managing the thousands of hours of shared content from the US portfolio of networks.
Here’s some other news you may have missed this week:
- ‘Gold Rush’ Works Because It’s Not about Gold, It’s About Humanity (Washington Post)
- Joy Behar Launching TLC Talk Show Late Night Joy: ‘We’re Not Afraid’ to Speak Out (People)
- Oprah Tearfully Empowers Women to Help Others at Variety’s Power of Women (Variety)
- Emma Bowen, TLC Team for ‘Say Yes to the Prom’ (Multichannel)
- Joel Schumacher Checks into First TV Project (New York Post)
- ‘My Big Fat Fabulous Life’ Packs On The Inspiration (Washington Post)
- ‘Fast N’ Loud ‘: Slinging a Ford GT Engine (AOL)
Have a great weekend!