Happy Friday! Some big news coming out of this week for MythBusters fans: the well-loved series is coming to a close in 2016, with its final season premiering on January 9. Discovery’s longest running show, which premiered in 2003, has tested nearly 3,000 experiments over the course of 248 episodes. Fans can share their well wishes and farewells by using #MythYouGuys on social.
Here’s some other news you may have missed this week:
- Discovery Education Wins 2015 Citizen Award (Multichannel)
- Kaplan’s International Vision: Creator-Led Content (TBI Vision)
- This Ninth Grader Invented A Device That Harvests Power From Ocean Waves (Fast Company)
- EXCLUSIVE: Zoo Atlanta and Animal Planet Launch 24/7 PandaCam (People)
- ‘Pacific Warriors’ Highlights the Beauty and the Danger of Kayak Fishing (Examiner)
- Discovery, Science Channel to air “Telescope” Doc (Realscreen)
- ’90 Day Fiance’ Gets Season 4 Renewal From TLC (Exclusive) (The Wrap)
- Animal Planet Show to Feature Jimmy Butler’s New Boombox Aquarium (Chicago Tribune)
To kick off the weekend, check out a clip of Discovery’s newest series Pacific Warriors, which follows the brave Hawaiian men and women who venture out in kayaks, alone, to catch some of the most desirable fish in the sea. You can catch the full series premiere tonight, Friday October 23 at 10/9c on Discovery.
Have a great weekend!