Hello, February! We’re celebrating all things Puppy Bowl XII this week – both here at our HQ and at our other domestic offices around the U.S. The icing on the cake was this afternoon: our fabulous Employee Engagement team organized games and treats for all, with some larger offices hosting coordinated visits with puppies from local shelters. It was the perfect opportunity to step away from your desk for a moment, spend time with colleagues you may not see often, and snuggle a puppy or two. And Puppy Bowl XII’s greater mission to raise awareness and encourage adoptions of dogs looking for their fur-ever home makes the event as a whole that much sweeter.
When we’re not ooh-ing and aww-ing over our four-legged pals, here’s what else we’ve been up to this week:
- BBC secures rights to 2022, 2024 Olympics from Discovery (Associated Press)
- IMAX, Discovery Communications Set Global Documentary Pact (Variety)
- How to Become the Puppy Bowl Referee (TIME)
- New Documentary Reveals the Drama of Building the Largest Space Telescope Ever (Mashable)
- Commissioning Report: Discovery’s John Hoffman (Realscreen)
- Science Documents Boeing’s 100-Year Mark (Broadcasting & Cable)
- Science Channel Taps Caroline Perez As VP Development & Production (Deadline)
- Summit ’16: DNI’s Kaplan Encourages Auteur-Driven Content (Realscreen)
- Will Castro, Long Island’s Car Customizer to the Stars (Newsday)
- ‘Married by Mom and Dad’ Bride Faces Doubts on Her Wedding Day: ‘God, Please Help Me’ (US Weekly)
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to tune into Puppy Bowl XII Sunday, February 7 beginning at 3/2c.