- Deep Sea Demon: Jeremy ventures from the UK to Southeast Asia on a trail of clues in search of the mythological sea serpent. Throughout the incredibly difficult journey, Jeremy pushes himself to the absolute limit, but will his freshwater knowledge be enough to tackle this monster of the deep or will he end up in Davy Jones’s Locker?
- Terror in Paradise: Jeremy travels to the Bahamas after hearing tales of swimmers being ripped from the surface of blue holes surrounding the paradise island. The locals attribute the tragic disappearances to the legendary Lusca monster and it’s up to Jeremy to unravel the myth of this horrifying hybrid monster fish by diving deep into its underwater lair.
- Devil of the Deep: A chilling report of mutilated dead bodies ravaged by a mysterious ocean creature sends Jeremy on a dangerous mission from the Sea of Cortez in Mexico to Peru where he discovers a deep sea devil.
- Razorhead: Terrifying reports surface of a creature terrorizing one of the most popular vacation destinations on the East Coast – the Florida Keys. With witness accounts of a beast so violent that it slices through flesh and even breaks bones, Jeremy sets off to the Sunshine State to find out what is triggering these unusual attacks.
- Death Down Under: Jeremy travels to the scene of an ocean aircraft crash in Australia that left a group of Aboriginal elders brutally murdered almost without a trace. He embarks on one of his toughest investigations ever, taking on some of the deadliest animals on the planet in order to track down this elusive killer.
Peppered throughout the season are also special episodes that take viewers behind-the-scenes and offer insight into Jeremy’s everyday life – including his home in England:
- Into the Ocean: In this special episode, Jeremy charts the journey that has taken him from freshwater rivers into the heart of the big blue and revisits the extraordinary and deadly monsters he has encountered along the way.
- Secrets at Sea: What does it take to produce an episode of River Monsters? In this special episode, viewers will witness what goes on behind the scenes with Jeremy and the crew as the series is filmed around the world in the most exotic, and often hostile locations on the planet.
- Invisible Killers: Jeremy has tracked down freshwater killers for 30 years, but now he’s discovered that he was sharing those waters with darker, deadlier creatures – parasites. Faced with the fact that he might be harboring his own undetected killer, Jeremy undergoes specialized tests at the world’s first school of tropical medicine and embarks on one of his most disturbing missions ever as he returns to the Amazon to hunt down the victims of horrific invisible predators that could very well be living inside him.
- Blood River: Jeremy looks back at his fishing expeditions in the Congo River in Africa. From catching the fearsome Goliath Tigerfish to a catfish so powerful that it could possibly drag someone to their death, Jeremy revisits his journey to one of the most dangerous rivers on the planet.
- Deadly Superstitions: Jeremy’s adventures have brought him an impressive haul of freshwater monsters, but his angling investigations have also immersed him in unique cultures around the globe. Jeremy looks back at some of the most memorable moments in his fishing career and asks if unseen forces could explain some of his greatest catches.
- Killer Discoveries: The pressure is on as Jeremy joins scientific teams around the globe to help catch rare and dangerous specimens for vital research and new insight. Tagging freshwater monsters to map migrations, myth-busting age-old legends and even helping change environmental laws, Jeremy’s work has never been so important. In this special episode, Jeremy looks back at the scientific collaborations that have had the most impact on his career and reveals new data from the teams he’s worked with throughout the past seven seasons.
Head here to watch a sneak peek of this upcoming season, and be sure to catch the premiere of River Monsters Thursday on Animal Planet at 9/8c!