Happy Friday! This week we announced a couple new additions to the Discovery Communications family: Nathan Brown has been named Senior Vice President, Development & Operations and Patrice Andrews has been named General Manager of Animal Planet. Welcome, Nathan and Patrice!
Here is some other news you may have missed:
- Why Many TV Networks Are Scrapping Pricey Upfront Spectacles (Adweek)
- Discovery Reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland (USA Today)
- Oprah Winfrey’s Megachurch Series ‘Greenleaf’ ‘Takes Faith Really Seriously’ (LA Times)
- ‘He Was Prepared to Die’: TV Crew Rescues Castaway Stranded on a Deserted Island (Washington Post)
- Discovery CEO David Zaslav, Timbaland, Tyler Oakley to Headline Variety’s Entertainment & Technology Summit (Variety)
- Take an Exclusive Look at How the ASPCA Is Giving Rescue Dogs a “Second Chance” (People)
- EXCLUSIVE: Katey Sagal Gets Emotional Over Special Connection to Her Late Mother — Watch the Gripping Moment (Entertainment Tonight)
- TLC Expands New Video Hub to Increase Digital Series with Influencers (The Drum)
- OWN Launches TV Everywhere App (Multichannel)
- Virtual Reality Lures Media Companies to a New Frontier (New York Times)
Have a great weekend!