(New York, NY) – Discovery Communications announced today the creation of a robust marketing platform to more effectively drive business results for advertising partners. Launching in advance of the 2016-17 Upfront marketplace, the newly developed collection of assets, called One Discovery, will capitalize on the company’s diverse brand portfolio, expansive reach and unique capabilities.
“Above all else, clients want media partners that will help them grow their businesses effectively and efficiently,” said Paul Guyardo, Chief Commercial Officer, Discovery Communications. “One Discovery will do just that with powerful marketing tools that can be easily customized and combined in a way that only we can deliver.”
One Discovery includes:
- Discovery Engage: A state-of-the-art data management and analytics platform for targeting, optimization and measurement beyond age and gender to deliver greater effectiveness and impact for client’s ads. Unlike many other data products in the market, Discovery Engage leverages the company’s access to set-top-box data, providing advertisers with a true return on investment measurement.
- Discovery Digital: Discovery’s TV Everywhere platform, Discovery GO, which enables clients to seamlessly integrate their ads into Discovery long-form quality content and be seen anytime, anywhere, on any device by over 180 million people in the U.S by July of this year. Discovery GO delivers incremental, younger viewers with nearly 50% of streams coming from 18-34 year olds.
- Discovery Web-Native Networks: With more than 200 million video views each month, Discovery’s web-native networks, led by Seeker and SourceFed Studios enable advertisers to reach coveted millennial audiences who seek to satisfy their curiosity by immersing themselves in core components of Discovery’s DNA like science, technology, history, adventure and world events.
- Discovery VR: As a leader in this space, Discovery VR creates fully immersive virtual reality experiences that put client’s brands in the center of the action. With more than 50 experiences already available and new content added weekly, the Discovery VR team is working with top production and distribution partners, and talent, to supply advertisers with cutting-edge native solutions.
- Discovery Brand Studios: An in-house production team to develop and produce branded entertainment for clients across all screens, spanning linear, digital and virtual reality. Since Discovery owns its own content, Discovery Brand Studios has the flexibility to produce highly engaging original content that integrates advertisers in unique ways that go far beyond the traditional 30-second TV ad.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories. Discovery satisfies curiosity, entertains and inspires viewers with high-quality content through global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.