Robert Miron is Chairman of Discovery, a global leader in real life entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers.
Robert Miron served as Chairman of Advance/Newhouse Communications and Bright House Networks from July 2002 until retiring in December 2010. Advance/Newhouse Communications manages over two million subscribers in Bright House Networks cable television systems in and around Tampa Bay, Central Florida, Indianapolis, Birmingham, Bakersfield, and Detroit, along with several smaller systems in Alabama and panhandle Florida. He was Chairman of Newhouse cable television interests since 1974.
Prior Professional Experience:
- Mr. Miron has worked for Newhouse in various capacities within radio, television and cable fields.
- Mr. Miron is chairman of the Compensation and Executive Committees.
- Mr. Miron currently serves on the boards of C-SPAN and Crouse Hospital. He has served on the executive committees of CableLabs and the Cable Center. He was elected to the board of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) in 1983, where he was chairman in 1989 and 1997 and has served as secretary and a member of the executive committee until his retirement from the board in 2010. He is also currently a member of the executive committee of the Syracuse University Board of Trustees.
- Mr. Miron holds a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University.
- Mr. Miron was inducted into Broadcasting & Cable’s Hall of Fame in November 2002 and the Cable Television Hall of Fame in 2001. He also received the New York State Cable Television Association Chairman’s Award in 1987, the Cable Television Public Affairs Association President’s Award in 1995, and the NCTA Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership and President’s Award in 1991 and 1990, respectively.