Robert Bennett is the managing director at Hilltop Investments.
Prior Professional Experience:
- President, Discovery Holding Company – 2005 to 2008 (when Discovery Communications became a public company)
- President, Liberty Media Corporation – 2005 to 2006
- President and CEO, Liberty Media Corporation – 1997 to 2005
- Bennett was with Liberty Media from its inception, serving as its principal financial officer and in various other capacities.
- Prior to his tenure at Liberty Media, Mr. Bennett worked with Tele-Communications, Inc. (TCI) and the Bank of New York.
- Bennett is a director of Discovery Communications and a member of the Executive Committee. He served as a director of Discovery Holding Company prior to Discovery Communications becoming a public company.
- Bennett also serves as a director of Hewlett-Packard Company, Liberty Media Corporation and Sprint Corporation.
- Mr. Bennett holds a bachelor’s degree with honors in economics from Denison University and an MBA from Columbia University.